Help others beat the summer heat by getting involved with Catholic Charities.
Here are six quick ways that YOU can change someone’s life:
- Clean out your closet. Look for cool, light fabrics like cotton or linen. Or you can pick up some new T-shirts, tank tops or undergarments. Bring them to Christ House and we’ll share them with our Evening Meal guests and at our Thrift Shop.
- Donate fresh or nonperishable foods. Pantry shelves are often empty in summer months. Stop by one of our four St. Lucy Project locations: Alexandria, Front Royal, Leesburg or Manassas, or look for a parish drive near you.
- Make a financial donation. Don’t have time to go to the store? You can make a donation online to lift up the homeless.
- Give toiletry items. Travel-sized toiletry items are always in high demand.
- Volunteer. Give the gift of your time. Bring your family, friends or coworkers to serve the homeless.
- Pray. You can do it anywhere! Pray when you think about the heat, your thirst or when you pass a homeless person on the street.
“Whoever cares for the poor lends to the LORD, who will pay back the sum in full.” -Proverbs 19:17