Grace in 30 is a radio program about individuals and organizations living by grace, and a call to action for listeners to join in and make our families, communities, businesses, and world better.
The show airs weekly on Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. on WERA-LP, Arlington, 96.7 FM, and is hosted by Sal D’Itri and Ed Melick. The show can also be streamed live from WERA’s Website here.
“People need to be heard, recognized and reminded that they matter.”
- Help homeless men at Christ House find jobs
- Lead activities for children living at St. Margaret of Cortona Family Transitional Housing
- Serve breakfast to the elderly or lead activities at Sr. Martin de Porres Senior Center
- Give backpacks full of needed items to ex-offenders through our Prison Ministry
- Teach English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) for Hogar Immigrant Services or Migration and Refugee Services
- Pack or unload food donations at our St. Lucy Warehouse; assist clients as they pick up food at our St. Lucy Pantries
- Help especially needed on weekends — great group project!
- Help the unemployed or underemployed find jobs at Christians Are Networking
- Engage corporations in community partnerships
- Help as an office receptionist!
- Join the Catholic Charities Ball Committee
- And many, many more!
Our mission as Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington is to honor the Gospel and the Church’s teaching to “respect the dignity and sanctity of human life, from the moment of conception through natural death. And it is our duty to serve the most vulnerable of God’s people.”